Thursday 9 May 2013

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then I'll begin.

Click here- here! - to view on Flickr
So...this is happening. I will be reading at the Library tomorrow at 12 noon SL Time (that's 8pm British Summer Time). This will be my first live reading in SL, and yes...I may be reading something that is classed as being a teensy bit erotic (shock horror! - I know, right?!).

Ahem. Anyway. Yes. I will be reading fifteen/twenty minutes of my one of my favourite authors, Anne Rice. She is most famous, I imagine, for her novels Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned, as well as her erotica written under the name of Anne Rampling (Belinda and Exit to Eden). The Wolf Gift came out last year, and marked a move by Rice into the realms of another Old-World monster, the werewolf. She announced yesterday on Facebook that the second in this series, The Wolves of Midwinter, will be out in October this year, and I genuinely cannot wait. 

Click here - here! - to view on Flickr
I won't say too much more, but if you would like to come and listen to me read, I would be more than grateful. If you are not a member of the Library group, but would like to come, please drop me an IM and I will teleport you right into where you need to be. My username is the same as my display name, so I'm just Kitti Wytchwood. I'm aiming to be around half an hour before it begins, so...I suppose I'll hope to see you there! There will probably be some discussion afterwards, so if you'd like to hang around and talk with us, either via voice or typing, please do (but please do not feel obliged).

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. As I have said, I haven't done this before. I was asked to read by the lovely Simon May, who was scheduled to read at the Library this week, but, due to some real life circumstances, is sadly unable. The equally lovely Library owner, Jett Roxan, agreed to allow me to read, and so here I go. Simon also, very kindly, made me a tip jar, but there seems to be something cheeky about strolling in there and rattling a bucket. Maybe I'll put it in the corner somewhere.

Simon was due to read some Angela Carter this week. You can thank me for saving you from that later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.