Sunday 23 June 2013

A Handful

Also in love with this skybox from Scarlet Creative, created by/for William Weaver as a gallery space
That's right - I did it. I gave up. I gave in. I gave - sigh - all my money to SLink (no, the prices are very good) and bought a pair of their mesh hands. They match my mesh feet perfectly, which I also have on in this shot, you just, obviously, can't see that far down. I'd been putting it off and putting it off, and then my friends went and bought them and I wondered why it was that I'd been putting it off. Perhaps it was out of loyalty to my lovely nail add-ons from Izzie's, but that isn't really fair because Izzie's makes nail varnishes for the SLink hands, too, so I don't have to give all those lovely nail colours up. And now I'm just babbling.

To the point: mesh hands. Kitti has mesh hands, and they're beautiful. There isn't too much more to it than that. 

I've been waiting for an excuse to use this pose for literally months
There is a teeny bit more, though. The mesh hands work by using an alpha layer to hide your system hands, then the hands themselves go on top. That reminds me of the hands the inventor makes in Edward Scissorhands, and, I suppose, it is a little like that. But when I put the hand-alpha on this morning, Kitti's breasts suddenly burst out the front of her shirt. Confused, I went into the shirt folder and put the alpha that was supposed to be keeping her chest hidden behind her shirt back on - and her system hands reappeared again. I am a magician, ladies and gentlemen, with a handful of alphas and alphas that are a handful.

When I'd finished scowling (and reluctantly giggling), I remembered that there's a limit on the number of alphas an avatar can be wearing in one go, and Kitti was already wearing four to begin with. A fifth was too many, so was knocking the others off. Her shirt, trousers, hair and feet only attach to her body and appear to lie neatly against her skin because an alpha has hidden the limbs beneath. If I kept going, chasing fallen-off alphas through my inventory, perhaps I could make all Kitti's different body parts appear and disappear like a macabre kind of circus side-show...

But enough. I'm starting to sound hysterical. Who knew a pair of hands could cause such (trivial) trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.